Szar a tervezésben
Úvod
Než som sa rozhodla venovať sa designu, konkrétně UX designu, strávila som 6 rokov ako mladý vedec. So špecializáciou na fyziku a materiálové inžinierstvo s presahom do chémie či biológie. Napriek tomu, že ma to bavilo sa nakoniec udalosti vyvinuli inak a dnes sa venujem designu.Budem vobec schopná využiť znalostí čo som sa už niekde naučila? Veď ide predsa o úplne nový obor a je to niečo iné, nemá to nič spoločné s tým čo som si zažila či sa naučila. No možno nie tak úplne.
Jedna z prvých a najdůležitějších vecí bolo si vyberať a hodnotiť informácie pre moju prácu či vývoj. A tým nemyslím len to čo čítate. Aké kurzy navštevujete? Koho počúvate? Každý si to do nejakej miery uvedomuje, ale nakoľko si to uvedomujete vrámci UX/UI/ interaction designu? - tu si rozmysli čo sem dáš za názov
Prvá časť
dať sem replication crisis, z čoho plynie moj prístup a premyšľanie nad vecami---------------------------------------------------------------------
Replication crisis
- Problems: leads to shoddy work, developing the wrong skills,
- first establish that a lot of what people are listening to is bullshit, and then explain some specific problems that result from taking that bullshit seriously
Why? The replication crisis is still an ongoing methodological crisis in which it has been found that many scientific studies are difficult or impossible to replicate or reproduce.
(According to a 2016 poll of 1,500 scientists reported that 70% of them had failed to reproduce at least one other scientist's experiment (50% had failed to reproduce one of their own experiments).[8] In 2009, 2% of scientists admitted to falsifying studies at least once and 14% admitted to personally knowing someone who did. Misconducts were reported more frequently by medical researchers than others.[9]) - use it if it is useful Whaaat? when I read this for the first time.... it is mindblowing, isn't it?
It affects the social and life sciences most severely and is widely discussed in the field of psychology (and in particular, social psychology). And since psychology and social psychology area huge part of UX design, right? But its not only about that.
Druhá časť
chcem povedať, že nachádzam články, ktoré nine sú k ničomu, lebo pisateľ tam nič nepovie a ja as nič nedozviem. To isté as mi však deje aj v knihách.
---------------------------------------------------------------------How to go about this problem?
Since then I spend time observing other designers, how they work what skills and qualities they possess, and what they missed or missing. And how the quality of education not only in academia but also at work define their level of professionalism and seniority.Because I meet and see a lot of designers who talk and write about the topic but are clearly missing a professional education or a good basic set of knowledge. Some of them even after 10 years of experience.
I am not here as a judge, or maybe yes as a judge but for myself. To pick up what I want to do and what not. It serves me as a scale of what to do and what not to do. What I do want to become and what I don!t want.
I like this quote very much since it explains very well a mindset I developed in years.I learned to read carefully and not to be satisfied with a rough understanding of the whole, and not to agree too quickly with those who have a lot to say about something. - Marcus Aurelius
First of all what issues and problems have been triggered by the replication crisis?
An focus on the statistically significant results, and a fetish for novelty or mania for new theory; a lack of rigor in theoretical and empirical work; tendency to produce large quantities of redundant, trivial, and incoherent works.
The question is how many articles you read which relate to at least one of these problems? In the last six months, I read two articles about UX which were useful for me. Only two. Yes.
I learned a process called triangulation (no this is not a lesson from geometry). It is a strategic use of multiple approaches to address one question. Since each approach has its own unrelated strengths and weaknesses. Results across different methodologies are less likely to be in error. Is to gain a good understanding from different perspectives and increase the level of knowledge about something. It helped me to better understand the problem I was trying to solve.
Zadať do toho ešte Toto:
- people dont know how to specify things step by step,
- people trying to make grand states - the more specific you get it harder to make broad claim. its empty. More specific disscusion is better.
- people likes to put out something what is likeable but not solid.
Koniec
---------------------------------------------------------------Ako sa dostať na vrchol, keď neviem kde som a nemám mapu?
Včera som dočítala knihu ako písať scifi a fantasy poviedky, romány proste knihy. A objavil sa tam tento zaujímyvý obrázok, ktorý čiasotčně znázorňuje to čo tým myslím. Keď si myslíš že si v údolí a vylezieš na vrchol a zistíš, že to je najmenší kopček z vrcholov. A pointou je, že odtiaľ možeme ísť len hore alebo dole. Aj napriek tomu, že si niektorý myslia, že možu zostať namieste. Uspokojiť sa s tým. Nemožu. Medzitým totižokolo vyrastú ďalšie hory a oni budú zase v údolí. - toto dať možno na záver
Let's close this article with another quote.
There are three stages of knowledge:
- I don't know what I don't know.
- I know what I know.
- I know what I don't know.
- I don't know what I know.
Why there is stage four? because no matter how big an expert you are in whatever field you always end up in the beginning. You actually never left it. And I bet you shouldn't.
Comments
Post a Comment